May Protein of the Month: Rockfish
Wild Caught Rockfish
This month we are officially introducing our Rockfish Recipe for Dogs in Raw and Gently Cooked recipes. Rockfish has many nutritional benefits to consider, such as:
- Rich in Omega-3 fatty acids. The health benefits for your dog range from improved coat and skin, to strengthened joints and increased organ health.
- High in Iron, Selenium, Vitamin B-12, Protein, Phosphorus, Vitamin D, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B3 and Vitamin B2.
- Provides many Amino acids including Tryptophan, Threonine, Isoleucine, Leucine, Lysine, Methionine and Cystine.
- Low in calories and fat.
- From the perspective of Traditional Chinese Medicine, fish is considered a “cooling” meat. Cooling foods help to bring down inflammation throughout the body. Cooling meats can be advisable to feed with dogs showing signs of arthritis, allergies, skin conditions, cancer or any other inflammatory situations.
- Monterrey Bay Aquarium Seafood Watch’s “Best Choice“- Meaning, they’re well managed and caught in ways that cause little harm to habitats or other wildlife.