April Protein of the Month – Venison
Marty’s Meals sources Grass-Fed Venison from family farms in New Zealand.
- New Zealand Venison is rich in iron and low in fat, making it an ideal meat to include as part of a leaner balanced diet.
- Venison is packed with many nutrients required for good health such as iron, phosphorus, selenium, zinc, copper and a number of B vitamins including B-12.
- Red meat is one of the best sources of easily absorbable iron. Venison contains more iron than any other meat, including more iron than beef and lamb.
- Venison has fewer calories than most other meats and is high in protein.
- In Traditional Chinese Medicine venison is sweet and warm in nature. It nourishes the kidney yang and so is good for energy and general weakness.